Thursday, September 9, 2010

33. Simona Husarova: I'm not scared

The search still continues for nine-year-old Filippo Carducci, but authorities are now closer than ever, following the apprehension of the kidnappers last night.
Filippo Carducci, son of the Lombard businessman Giovanni Carducci went missing from his neighbourhood in Pavia approximately two months ago. Carducci’s mother, Signora Luisa Carducci raised the alarm when her son failed to return home from school one day.
“Filippo is a good boy,” she said. “He always told me if he wasn’t going to be coming home straight after school.”
Signora Carducci has appeared on TV numerous times to plead for her son’s safe return.
“Please treat him well. I’m sure you know what love and understanding are... The ransom you’ve asked for is very high, but my husband and I are prepared to give you everything we own to have Filippo back with us,” she said on one such occasion. The demanded sum stands at 12,000,000 lira.
Last night Pino Amitrano was found in the gravina by the little town of Aqua Traverse cradling his injured son, Michele. In a bizarre series of events, Amitrano shot his own son in the leg, mistaking him for the Carducci boy. When questioned, Amitrano admitted that he had no idea how his son had gotten there. Michele Amitrano was air-lifted to hospital and is in a stable conditioned. Authorities are still in the process of questioning him, though he has already revealed a little about his involvement.
“I found Filippo in a hole on the hill. I thought ogres had put him there. I promised I’d go see him as much as I could. I had to help him. They were going to kill him.”
Moments later, the scene shifted to the town of Aqua Traverse, an almost non-existent town of five families. It was these families along with Sergio Materia, believed to be the ringleader, who were responsible for the snatching away of little Filippo.
“We needed the money! We had no other alternative,” argued Pietro Mura. The Mura, Amitrano, Natale and Marzona families can evidently support these claims of poverty, however it is not yet clear what part the wealthy Scardaccione family plays in this. The Avaccato Emilio Scardaccione’s whereabouts are currently unknown and his wife and sister-in-law refuse to comment. Materia, an already acclaimed criminal, refused to comment on his involvement, only revealing that he had “personal reasons”.
Though nine-year-old Michele found himself in the midst of these events, the other children are believed to have known nothing of them. It is unclear what will happen to them once their parents are taken into custody.
The scene of Filippo’s imprisonment is a disheartening one: amongst a gathering of trees, a corrugated iron sheet lies discarded beside a hole, a few metres wide and about two and a half metres deep. The stench of human faeces rises from it. It was here that Filippo was kept for the length of his imprisonment. Close examination revealed that at some point he had been chained to the wall itself. The authorities here are doing as much as they can while they wait for a statements from the involved parties.
Caruducci is believed to still be in the gravina. Authorties are tirelessly searching for him and are expected to find him by the end of the day.

6 comments:

  1. Great! I did notice that it said 'conditioned' instead of 'condition' but other than that, A+!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked it! And yes 'condition' dose need to be changed. A!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this one would look really good if we set it up so it looked like a real newspaper page, with a heading, and bi-line and columns :D
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete