Monday, September 6, 2010

30. School Days Keeley Green

School Days

So it’s Monday morning,
I’m still in bed, regretting staying up so late last night.
Thinking about the day ahead, whether it is going to be a good day, or bad.
Suffering from Mondayitis.
But remembering I get so see my friends.
Somehow I drag myself out of bed and start the school week.
Tuesdays and Wednesday are draining,
Having jewellery, my least favourite prac.
Art…that’s another story, I have no artistic skill whatsoever.
Thursdays the tiredness is catching up,
Getting over waking up early,
And getting worse at it.
Fridays, what relief
Fridays are good because the teachers need the weekend,
As well as us
And my weekend starts over.




Rhyming

I dislike rhyming,
I don’t have a rhyming bone in my body,
It takes way too long,
For me to think of a rhyme,
And a story to write about,
And trying to drag it on my making it longer,
Rhyming isn’t my cup of tea,
Either is a bee,
But you see,
The rhymes I do don’t make sense,
Or mean anything.


For the verse novel, students were required to write thirty poems. Keeley finished her novel with this short, but apt, poem:

Poems

Number one is easy
Number five not so bad
Number 10’s a struggle
Number 23 is just plain hard
Number 30 still seems so far away.

4 comments:

  1. 1. School Days - B

    2. Rhyming - A

    3. Number one is easy - D

    Kyle T

    ReplyDelete
  2. School Days- A+

    Rhyming- A

    Number One Is Easy- B

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely like the middle one, and the first one isn't bad either. The third would probably be really good, if listed with the other ones, but by itself, it just seems lonesome.

    ReplyDelete