Thursday, October 14, 2010

41. CHANAH Poems

ASK A QUESTION

Without being asked
You gathered all these precious reminders
And stuffed them in a bag full of
Broken dreams. So you can’t be reminded.
You handed them to me
And you said goodbye. So I found
The shards amongst our memories.


FAIRY TALE PRINCE

Fairytale prince
No I don’t need your help
I’ve always carried myself
No I don’t need your noble steed
I’ve always fought my own battles
No I don’t want your sword
Your words are an unknown language
Keep your pretty flowers
I’m not a rose
Something that’s clawed its way back
From the precipice can’t smell that sweet
And anyway, sweet boy
No you’re not yet a man
I’ll never see you the way you see me
I’m just not made that way I’m afraid
Keep all your gifts and protection
I don’t want it
And don’t weep tears I was never worth it
I’m not yours to save

THE MOONLIGHT

the moon is bathed with silver water
spilling across the cotton black sky
as I stare from the warmth
of safety and see the call
of the night

2 comments: